potency of rhEGF after frozen

Alex alex at cmmt.ubc.ca
Tue Mar 20 23:16:59 EST 2001

Hi there,

I bought rhEGF from Calbiochem. It was reconstituted in PBS 200 ug/ml
and stored at -20C in small aliquots. I used it to activate a cell-based
reporter assay.
It worked during the first few months, then start from the fourth month
after the
reconstitution, it refused to work (not activate my reporter assay).

Since other conditions have not been changed in my assay, I strongly
believe it's the EGF. I'd like to know whether this has happened to
anyone else.

I'll appreciate it if someone could drop me a line ASAP.