cDNA-libraries from small amounts of plant tissue - help, the third

Dr. Klaus Eimert eimert at
Wed Mar 21 02:18:26 EST 2001

Seems I have trouble with my newsreader and/or news server - tried to post
this message twice, but couldn't see it in the ng. So, here we go again:

Dear Netters,

as the subject states - we are interested in constructing libraries from
very small amounts of (limited) plant tissue.
We would like to ask for your personal experience in this area, like:
Should we go for total RNA instead of polyA, because of the limited source?
What are your preferred protocols for isolation (yield vs. quality; kits
vs. homegrown; etc)? To go for seperate 1st strand synthesis or for all-in-
one-tube? What is your good/bad experience with certain protocols and/or
Any help or pointers to sources are very much appreciated! I could post the
collected answers (hopefully alot of them) to the group if people are
Thank you very much in advance.

Yours sincerely,

Klaus Eimert

Dr. Klaus Eimert