Lambda phage preparation

Dr. Duncan Clark news at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk
Wed Mar 21 06:29:57 EST 2001

In article <Pine.SOL.4.31.0103211058320.27328-100000 at quartz>, the
eminent Devanagoud Patil at BIOSCI/MRC Human Genome Mapping Project
Resource Centre wrote

>Is there a filteration based method for large scale preparation of lambda
>phage (instead of CsCl2 gradient centrifugation)?

There has been something published in Analytical Biochem some years ago
using I think 0.45uM filtration units on litre scales.

It also depends on what you call large scale - to me with lambda that
means several tens of litres. Pretty straightforward if you are using
sam7 lysogens. If it is lytic lambda then rather you than me!

Duncan
--
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism; to steal from many is
research.

Duncan Clark
GeneSys Ltd.
Tel: +44(0)1252376288