Lambda phage preparation

Dr. Duncan Clark news at
Wed Mar 21 06:29:57 EST 2001

In article <Pine.SOL.4.31.0103211058320.27328-100000 at quartz>, the
eminent Devanagoud Patil at BIOSCI/MRC Human Genome Mapping Project
Resource Centre wrote
>Is there a filteration based method for large scale preparation of lambda
>phage (instead of CsCl2 gradient centrifugation)?

There has been something published in Analytical Biochem some years ago
using I think 0.45uM filtration units on litre scales.

It also depends on what you call large scale - to me with lambda that
means several tens of litres. Pretty straightforward if you are using
sam7 lysogens. If it is lytic lambda then rather you than me!

To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism; to steal from many is

Duncan Clark
GeneSys Ltd.
Tel: +44(0)1252376288
FAX: +44(0)8701640382