Total phospholipid assay?

Wolfgang Schechinger wolfsc at ibms.sinica.edu.tw
Wed Mar 21 11:35:28 EST 2001

Dave,

first extract all lipids by Bligh and Dyer Method, then perform
an essay for inorganic phosphate (molybdic acid procedure). If I
remember correctly, there should be some papers from Schmitz-G and or
Assmann and or Robenek from 1980 - 1990.  Maybe you are able to
locate them in PubMed. Actually, thre should be plenty of references,
in that time and before that was common procedure.

Wolfgang

> From:          ez <ezclimber at earthlink.net>
> Subject:       Total phospholipid assay?
> Date:          Wed, 21 Mar 2001 09:05:00 -0700
> To:            methods at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk

> Can anyone recommend an assay for total phosholipids in a complex
> sample (natural biological material)?
>
> We'd prefer easy-to-use (such as a dye blot) and very sensitive. But
> anything will help at this point.
>
> Thanks for helping!
> Dave

-----
Dr. Wolfgang Schechinger
Lab N233 (c/o Dr. Steve Roffler)
Institute of Biomedical Sciences
Academia Sinica
Yen-Chio Yuan Rd. Sec.2
Taipei 115
Taiwan R.O.C.
Tel +886-2-2798-9152
Fax +886-2-2782-9142
Mobile +886-925-136893
wolfsc at REMOVETHESEANTISPAMCAPITALSibms.sinica.edu.tw
-----

---