What internal standard for Q-PCR?

Olivier Gandrillon Gandrillon at maccgmc.univ-lyon1.fr
Thu Mar 22 03:09:19 EST 2001

Hi there

My personal experience: unless you are very lucky (or unlucky depending
upon the way you see things) the VAST majority of the genes you are
gonna test will NOT suffer any significant variation. So just test GAPDH
to get started and then a couple of other genes, and you'll have all of
the controls you might need (figure out what the chances are that GAPDH
and two other random selected genes actually all vary in the same
way...).

Hope this helps

Olivier