imaging system upgrade

WSchick at WSchick at
Thu Mar 22 17:17:24 EST 2001

In a message dated 3/22/01 6:45:12 AM Pacific Standard Time,
Nancy.Cataldo at writes:

> We are in the market for a new imaging system, printer, and UV light box for
> agarose gels.We are currently using an Alpha Innotech system. Any
> recommendations?
Many times the makers of imagers offer upgrades to new hardware and software
capabilities at considerably less than a completely new system.  We upgraded
an older  ccd camera-on-a-stick system to the new lab darkrooms Alpha has.
Works fine with more fluor choices possible like SYPRO Ruby for proteins and
SYBR Green or Crocein Scarlet for DNA.

Walt Schick