Problems with expression in E.coli

Sergio sergioal at bbm1.ucm.es
Fri Mar 23 05:21:58 EST 2001

I had a couple of clones on a HisTag vector which expressed poorly. After
several months of working with them and sending them from lab to lab, they
didn't express at all (only the original clones worked). I switched to MBP
fusion system and expression (and specially solubility) are much better, and
purification are simpler and needs less whasing steps (and no imidazol to worry
about). There is an obvious disadvantage: the size of the quimeric protein, but
depending on what you want to do with your sample it could be irrelevant.

Sergio