(no subject)

nadia pantic nadia.pantic at zoology.oxford.ac.uk
Fri Mar 23 08:06:13 EST 2001

Hi there folks,
I need to produce a soluble native recombinant protein. At the moment
its expressed in
pET30a and is totally insoluble (the native protein is v. soluble). I've
tried refolding but the protein has 3 di-sulphide bridges and refolds in
many different forms (the multiple folded forms have been noticed by
other groups).
I want to try to get it soluble by expressing it in a vector that
targets it to the perplasmic space so I would be very grateful if
there's any one who has experience with these types of vectors (such as
pET22b) could give me some advice as in what is a good vector to use,
wether the manufacturer's claims are exaggerated about solubility etc.

Thanks Nadia

---