What antibody stains peroxisome?

Zhonglin Chai Zhonglin.Chai at baker.edu.au
Mon Mar 26 18:10:57 EST 2001

Dear Dr. SIMIAN-LERME,

Thank you very much for your reply to my questions. I wonder if you could send me some of your rabbit antiserum against urate oxidase that will be very useful for my future works? Many Thanks.

Regards.

Zhonglin Chai

Zhonglin Chai, PhD

Hypertension Lab
Baker Medical Research Institute
Commercial Rd, Prahran, Victoria
Australia 3181
Telephone: +61 3, 9522 4357
mobile : 0413 58 1940, or international +61, 413 58 1940
Fax: +61 3, 9521 1362
email: zhonglin.chai at baker.edu.au

>>> <lerme at lyon-sud.univ-lyon1.fr> 03/27/01 01:20AM >>>
Hi,
In peroxisomes there are structures named uricase or urate oxidase.
we have a rabbit antiserum against urate oxidase, we only used for electron microscopic analyses in mouse hepatocytes. as you want .

Fabienne SIMIAN-LERME
Inserm U. 189
Faculte de medecine lyon-sud
bp 12
69921 OULLINS Cedex, France
tel 33.4.78.86.31.58
fax 33.4.78.50.71.52
lerme at lyon-sud.univ-lyon1.fr

Zhonglin Chai a écrit :

> Dear netters,
>
> I am looking for an antibody to be used as a marker for peroxisome in human cells (HeLa, for example). It will be used in an immunofluorescent (IF) double staining, hence must be applicable for IF and reactive or cross-reactive to peroxisome proteins of human origin. Abs to catalase should be ideal as catalase is in a pretty high level in peroxisomes. Any suggestions and comments on commercial antibodies for this purpose will be highly appreciated.
>
> Zhonglin Chai
>
> Zhonglin Chai, PhD
>
> Hypertension Lab
> Baker Medical Research Institute
> Commercial Rd, Prahran, Victoria
> Australia 3181
> Telephone: +61 3, 9522 4357
> mobile : 0413 58 1940, or international +61, 413 58 1940
> Fax: +61 3, 9521 1362
> email: zhonglin.chai at baker.edu.au
>
> ---

---