Anyone familiar with psoralen labeling?

Hans milana100 at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 27 16:35:08 EST 2001

We want to label primers with psoralen in order to post-pcr crosslink
the products, but we are not sure on how to order the psoralen labeled
primers. It is my understanding that psoralen crosslinks best with
thymidine so should the nucleotide to which psoralen has to be
attached be an A?
Does it need to be the terminal (3') nucleotide in the sequence?
And what if there are no A's in that part of the primer, should one
add an extra A in order to attach the psoralen?

Many questions, hope somebody can help us.

Regards to all,

Hans