concentrating G3P

Eric DUFOUR Eric.Dufour at cmm.ki.se
Wed Mar 28 07:46:02 EST 2001

Hello,

    I'm trying to make a concentrated solution of DL-Glyceraldheide 3
phosphate. The protocol I had from sigma to obtain G3P from its
diethylaceatal form leads to 100 micromoles  of d-G3P in aproximately 8
ml. I need a 5 times more concentrated solution. Is there any
alternative protocol or way to concentrate G3P without decomposition?

Thanks,
Eric

PS: the protocol use a resine to witch the diacetal suspended in water
form attach and a boiling water bath to detach G3P, then sucessive
washing, centrifugation steps to recover G3P in the supernatant.