stability of frozen labda stocks

Dr. Duncan Clark news at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk
Fri Mar 30 03:16:34 EST 2001

In article <v04011700b6e94cb9b3dd@[144.92.64.179]>, the eminent Michael
L. Sullivan at BIOSCI/MRC Human Genome Mapping Project Resource Centre
wrote
>And how about
>filimentous phage.  Is freeze thawing a DMSO stock really bad for it?

Not sure on lambda but I was always told that the best way to store say
M13 phage was to filter sterilise phage in media and just store that at
4C. I have M13 phage stocks going back over ten years that were done
this way and so far they are still very alive.

For lambda, CsCl stocks (again stored at 4C) seem to be viable for many
many years.

Duncan
sliced from time to time....

Duncan Clark