Anion Exchange Question

Michael Witty mw132 at mole.bio.cam.ac.uk
Wed May 9 05:20:35 EST 2001

Dear Patrick,
            it depends on how strongly your protein binds.  In fact for a
protein I used to work with I would purposefully load a sample in
phosphate (I forget how much, maybe 100mM) so that the binding in my
desired protein was improved.  This was after a lot of preliminary work
of course.  What is the pI of your protein?  Have you tried small
scale experiments?  Mike.