Anion Exchange Question

Dr. Duncan Clark news at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk
Wed May 9 05:18:47 EST 2001

In article <000701c0d867$a1058ae0$995e6f83 at cam.ac.uk>, the eminent
Patrick Lynch at BIOSCI/MRC Human Genome Mapping Project Resource Centre
wrote
>There's 20 mM phosphate in the eluted fraction as
>well - how much should this be diluted for application to the Mono-Q as you
>are not supposed to use negatively charged buffer ions with anion exchange?

I've used 15mM phosphate buffer pH 6.8-7.4 for purifying restriction
enzymes for the past 20 years without any problem on DEAE, QAE, Blue
sepharose, phosphocellulose, Heparin sepharose, S, Biorex 70, HTP, ss
and ds DNA celluloses, pyran sepharose etc without any problems. Your
only problem will be if the salt concn. is too high for your protein to
bind.

Duncan
--
Homogeneous Fluorescent Reporting Systems for Real-Time Quantitative PCR:

Optimisation, Probe Technology & Future Systems

4-5 September 2001
King Alfred's College, Winchester, UK

http://www.dera.gov.uk/html/news/events/real_time_quantitative_pcr.htm