sequence services

Michael L. Sullivan mlsulliv at facstaff.wisc.edu
Thu May 10 08:28:37 EST 2001

>One detail: use the prep that gives you the purest DNA, otherwise sequencing
>reactions may not run. E.g., after Qiagen mini column prep you will need to
>re-precipitate DNA with isopropanol at least once to get DNA pure enough for
>sequencing.

This is certainly not true in my hands.  Qiagen (no affiliation) mini prep
DNA always gives me quite good automated sequence using PE BigDye.  There
may be some variation of this depending on host strain, but I've certainly
never had any problems using XL1-Blue or SOLR.

Mike

Michael L. Sullivan, Ph.D

U.S. Dairy Forage Research Center
1925 Linden Drive West