HELP: Problems probing for T-DNA in Southern Blotting

Nancy Fineberg fineberg at
Wed May 23 09:58:04 EST 2001

Hi All,

I am having difficulty detecting either my transgene or the selectable
marker within the T-DNA inserted into a plant genome, both are synthetic
genes.  We know from protein purification as well as PCRing & sequencing
the gene  that it is there!  Also, I have done Southern blots on a
single copy native dehydrogenase, and had no trouble with detection.  I
am using the High Prime kit for labelling and the QuickHyb buffer for

Nancy Fineberg
Biological Sciences
University of Calgary
fineberg at