DNA damage/breakage assay?

Alan Smith alansmith at students.wisc.edu
Wed May 23 13:08:25 EST 2001

Hello,

I am trying to find a good molecular marker that signals DNA breakage.  We
are looking at a breakage fusion cycle and hope to find molecular markers
that would let us know if a population of cells has gone through a breakage
event. Any help leading us to mRNA probes or easy and cheap assays that
signal DNA damage  would be greatly appreciated.  Oh yeah we are working
with maize, if it makes a difference, and cytogenetic analysis for this
study are problematic because we work with leaves.

Alan Smith
Graduate Student
Plant Breeding and Plant Genetics
University of Wisconsin