Fw: Stronger acrylamide gel.

Warren Gallin wgallin at gpu.srv.ualberta.ca
Wed May 23 18:25:32 EST 2001

A further 2 cents.
	The amount of bis-acrylamide will increase your gel strength; this is
the compound that cross-links the polyacrylamide polymers so it forms a
nice gel instead of a slab of phlegmy crap (yes I once left the bis
entirely out of my acrylamide mix).  So, you might try increasing the
ratio of bis-acrylamide to acrylamide and see if it makes things
stronger.  It should have only a minor effect on gel pore size.

Warren Gallin