real time icycler

Dr. Duncan Clark news at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk
Thu May 24 03:15:02 EST 2001

In article <3B0BE19B.2E92C77D at freemail.it>, the eminent  at BIOSCI/MRC
Human Genome Mapping Project Resource Centre wrote
>I'm looking at real time pcr machines available, could anybody let me
>know if the biorad i-cycler is good or other brands that they like?

It also depends upon exactly what you are looking for. If it is only a
few assays then a Cepheid SmartCycler may be useful. If it is up to 36
or 72 samples with very good optics i.e. minimal overlap between two
channels due to excellent filtering, then the Corbett RotorGene is one
to consider.

If you have to have 96 well plate capability then you are down to three
(until a Hybaid machine is out), ABI 7700, i-Cycler and Stratagene's
machine.

Duncan

PS some disclaimers. We own a SmartCycler but my RotorGene is on loan
from Corbett, but I do honestly like it!
--
Homogeneous Fluorescent Reporting Systems for Real-Time Quantitative PCR:

Optimisation, Probe Technology & Future Systems

4-5 September 2001
King Alfred's College, Winchester, UK

http://www.dera.gov.uk/html/news/events/real_time_quantitative_pcr.htm