Any reviews for hybaid or eppendorf gradient PCR machines

Pamela Norton pamela.norton at mail.tju.edu
Thu May 24 12:11:21 EST 2001

In article <9ec1ni$p11$1 at news.usf.edu>, Kevin L Abrams
<kabrams at chuma.cas.usf.edu> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> we are demo'ing gradient PCR machines.  The hybaid has a real attractive
> price and is fairly straight forward to program.  It also comes with a three
> year warranty.  Does anyone have comments about this machine?  Our other
> pick is the Brinkman eppendorf gradient mastercycler - any comments?
>
> Thanks for your suggestions,

Hi,

We have an Eppendorf gradient mastercycler. I like the machine, it
seems to work well, is speedy and has a very flexible block that
accomodates different sizes of tubes. Programming is not too bad but
the learning curve was rather steep, IMHO. I cannot compare to the
hybaid as I haven't used the latter. If you have specific questions
about the mastercycler, feel free to contact me.

Pam Norton