CTL assay

Martin guimond-1 at medctr.osu.edu
Sat May 26 15:33:12 EST 2001

Hi,

When I was in Montreal, we used to do CTL assay. In this setting we were
using 1 uCu for staining around 1 to 3 millions of cells at 37 for 1.30hrs.
To increase the labelling, target cells must be in good shape, so it is very
important to feed them the day before the experiment if you use cell line.
If you are using peripheral blood, usually you should treate them with PHA
which will activate lymphocytes and make them balstic. The treatment can
vary from 48 hours to 72 with PHA for human and ConA for mice.

good luck

Martin Guimond PhD