Purification of ssDNA from ssDNA/dsDNA

Moez Torki moezz at mac.com
Wed May 30 20:42:14 EST 2001

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for a commercial source of Gene II endonuclease of phage
F1 that Invitrogen/Life Tech sells as part of GeneTrapper Kit (The
company does not seem to sell it separately as far as I looked in the
catalog though...)
Also does anyone have any simple/direct suggestion about purifying
ssDNA from a mixture with dsDNA (beside hydroxyapatite
chromatography) ? HAP purification is quiet intricate involving many
steps that most likely result in DNA loss... Actually it does not
work in my hands :-(
Thanks,

Moez TORKI, Eng., Ph.D.
University of Tsukuba,
Institute of Agriculture and Forestry,
Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-8572, JAPAN

+81 (0) 298 53 7262 / +81 (0) 298 53 4710 (voice)
+81 (0) 298 53 6617 (fax)
torki at sakura.cc.tsukuba.ac.jp (email)