PCR supermix

Wolfgang Schechinger wolfsc at ibms.sinica.edu.tw
Thu May 31 00:50:55 EST 2001

Dear Liang,

New and concenient products almost always are expensive,
especially when people are willing to pay. The price doesn't
necessarily reflect the costs of development and manufacturing
(despite that it should cover them ;-)

You might include an aliquot in your next SDS PAGE. I wouldn't
be surprised if you'll find BSA. Probably there also is some
DTT and PEG present. And maybe a littlebit of EDTA and
protease inhibitor.
In which applications are supermixes useful? Is there any
advantage compared with mixing the reagents just before use
and spending two pipet tips?

Wolfgang

> A few companies are selling PCR supermix. But they are very expensive.
> I am wondering what is the stablizer in there? Any information? Thanks.
>
> Liang Zhang
> Research Associate
> Washington University
> School of Medicine
>
> ---

[tiss mezzage wahs broduceRd using TYPO GENERATOR zoffwer]
-----
Dr. Wolfgang Schechinger
Lab N233 (c/o Dr. Steve Roffler)
Institute of Biomedical Sciences
Academia Sinica
128 Yen-Chio Yuan Rd. Sec.2
Taipei 115
Taiwan R.O.C.
Tel +886-2-2789-9152
Fax +886-2-2782-9142
Mobile +886-925-136893
wolfsc at REMOVETHESEANTISPAMCAPITALSibms.sinica.edu.tw
-----

---