chromatofocusing

Stefi~ xxxgifalone at tin.it
Mon Nov 5 13:56:37 EST 2001

Hello.
I have a problem, here. Let's see if there's anybody who can help me.
Thanks to chromatofocusing a friend has given me a protein which was in a
peak of elution. The pI was 8,12. Ok, I've performed an IPG run of this
sample and blotted using a specific antibody but the upper pI band was
around 7,35. How is it possibile? Where could I find information of
principle on which chromatofocusing works? Is it true than pI of a protein
is evaluated much more correctly using IPG than chromatofocusing?
Thanx so much !!
Stefano
xxxgifalone at tin.it
(remove antispam xxx)