Competent BL21 strains- preferred method anyone ?

Christopher W Kafer ckafer at iastate.edu
Wed Nov 7 21:34:38 EST 2001

I also use the Inoue method or the single step method of Chung
(Current/short protocols). BL21 always transforms poorly.  BL21 Gold
strains from Stratagene (?) give higher efficiencies.  It's usually not a
problem to have lower efficiencies though since you dont use that strain
for cloning etc., no?

Moreland Gibbs <moreland.gibbs at mq.edu.au> wrote in
news:B80FFF5C.6F5%moreland.gibbs at mq.edu.au: