Deparaffin for DNA isolation

Emanuela Guerra guerra at
Thu Nov 8 12:05:01 EST 2001

Hi Victor, we tried Xylene in parallel with a non  toxic substitute
called Histolemon (Carlo Erba; an italian brand, so I guess no good for
you) on 5-15 um thick slices and they both work fine. Also, for PCR
applications (and for thin sections) we often skip the deparaffination
step ando go straight to PK/Tween20 digestion for 12-24 hours, adding
fresh PK half-way through the incubation