Digestion problems with EcoRI

dbell dbell at qnis.net
Tue Nov 13 10:49:50 EST 2001

On Monday, November 12, 2001 4:03 AM, Barbara Simionati
[SMTP:bmr at cribi.unipd.it] wrote:
: Hi,
:
: I am trying to double digest salmonella genome with EcoRI and MseI but
: while MseI works (complete digestion) EcoRI doesn't.
: I can't understand why.
: I have tryed enzimes from two different tubes
: I have tried up to 80 U
: In both cases I could see the undigested genomic DNA
: I have digested a pGem and it worked.
:
: DNA was prepared with a Qiagen Kit
:
: Thanks for any suggestions
:
:
: Barbara Simionati
: barbara at cribi.unipd.it
:
: University of padova
: Italy
:
: ---

Hi Barbara

I don't know if this will help, but here is my 2 cents worth:

Lately, I have been having some concerns regarding genomic DNA methylation
interfering with my EcoRI digests.  I have been looking for an
isoschizomer, but have not been able to find anything.

Deanne Bell

USDA Agricultural Research Service
9611 S. Riverbend Avenue
Parlier, CA 93648