Stable transformants using PCR amplified linear DNA

D.K. dk at no.email.thankstospam.net
Wed Nov 14 23:06:05 EST 2001

In article <3BF2F2FE.6A21FE8C at blood.ru>, Dusha <dusha at blood.ru> wrote:

>"D.K." wrote:
>
>> And that makes sense. The flip side of the same coin: inclusion of
> restriction
>> enzyme (say, BamH1) in the elecrtoporation mix was found to further
>> increase number of transformants.
>
>Dear D.K.,
>
>that sounds very interesting. could you give any references?
>
>Thanx, Dusha.

Insertional mutagenesis of Aspergillus fumigatus, Molecular & General
Genetics.  259(3):327-35, 1998

Co-transfer of restriction endonucleases and plasmid DNA into mammalian cells
by electroporation: effects on stable transformation. Mutation Research.
243(2):121-6, 1990.

Additionally, about 10 years ago I discussed it with people who tried similar
things, but I don't know if it ever got published.

D.K.

P.S. By the way, are you, by any chance, Dyusha Su*****ov? If yes, we used
to play ping-pong together and we have a bunch of common acquaintances.