immobilizable hydro-/benzo quinones

Wolfgang Schechinger wolfsc at ibms.sinica.edu.tw
Thu Nov 15 22:02:03 EST 2001

Hi all,

Does anyone know where I could get a p-benzoquinone or hydroquinone that maybe
is trichlorinated (so it will be e.g. 2,3,5 trichloro 1,4 p-benzoquinone) that
also has some alkyl chain attached that has a amono or carboxy group at the
end?

I'd like to attach one of these molecules to agarose.

If somebody thinks, one could synthesize the linker by self starting with
something comercial like bis-(O-acetyl) bromo p-benzoquinone or similar (alike
a Grignard strategy with N-protected omega amino alkanol?), please feel free
to comment.

Apologies to all who think this is too far away from molecular biology.
But *here* you meet the experts, don't you?

Thanks for all input!

Regards,

Wo
* * *
this is not a text message, it rather is an irrational number.
Believe it, it's true.
* * *
Dr. Wolfgang Schechinger
Institute of Biomedical Sciences