ABI 3100 DNA sequencer: lifespan of reagents

Roland Varecka roland.varecka at vie.boehringer-ingelheim.com
Mon Nov 19 08:04:31 EST 2001

Hello Jenny,
that is exactly our experience. Since the number of samples that we
receive for sequencing fluctuates considerably from week to week, a
syringe full of POP-6 gel sometimes lasts for up to 5 weeks (and sits
there at room temperature).
All we change regularly after 6-8 runs is the buffer, so that we keep
the EP current below 90-95 microamperes. Also for the capillary arrays,
we have gone far beyond stated lifespan (300 runs).