ABI 3100 DNA sequencer: lifespan of reagents

dbell dbell at qnis.net
Mon Nov 19 11:50:10 EST 2001

My experience has been the same for extending suggested lifespans of
polymer and capillaries in our machine (although I haven't stretched my
polymer out for 5 weeks :-))

What kind of experiences have you had with extending past the reagent
"expiration" dates?  It seems to me that by "stretching out" the polymer
lifespan in the machine, you end up with a lot of polymer left in the
bottle when the expiration date hits.

Deanne Bell
USDA Agricultural Research Service
9611 S. Riverbend Avenue
Parlier, CA 93648
(559) 596-2806
(559) 596-2791 fax
dbell at fresno.ars.usda.gov

On Monday, November 19, 2001 5:05 AM, Roland Varecka