microwaving glycerol--bad idea?

Kyle Legate legatek at mcmail.cis.mcmaster.ca
Wed Nov 21 15:54:13 EST 2001

Hello, lately I have taken to heating glycerol in the microwave to make it
easier to measure into solution (hot = less viscous), and I'd like to know
whether this is a bad idea. Does the glycerol break down in the microwave?
Lately I can't seem to bind His-tagged proteins to a nickel column, even
though the resin bottle is relatively new and it has worked in the past (I
use new resin each time, by the way). After thinking about it, the method
of measuring out glycerol is the only change I can think of. Thanks for
your help.

legatek at mcmaster.ca		Kyle Legate            legatek at hotmail.com

   Tower of Tongues:Thursday PM:10:30-11:30 EDT:http://cfmu.mcmaster.ca
    moon musick:ritual:IDM:experimental(electronica):minimalism:glitch