FW: DNA absorbance readings

dbell dbell at qnis.net
Tue Nov 27 16:07:11 EST 2001

Hi Tina

IMHO it kind of depends on what you are going to do with the DNA.
If you just want to do fragment analysis, try a PCR.  If you get amplification - the prep is fine for what you are trying to do.
If you are doing something else, you may want to try other DNA isolation techniques or try other purification steps.

Deanne Bell
USDA Agricultural Research Service
9611 S. Riverbend Avenue
Parlier, CA 93648