Thanks to Mr.Stephen Dibley

Jose I. de las Heras jose at hgu.mrc.ac.uk
Tue Nov 27 16:23:19 EST 2001

=?gb2312?q?shude=20yang?= wrote:

> Dear Mr.Stephen Dibley:
>
> Thank you for your kind reply.But I still puzzled why
> the linear plasmid(be digested) can move slower than
> the relaxed plasmid.
>
> With best wishes
> sdyang

It doesn't, as Stephen said. It may move slower than the *supercoiled*
plasmid. Try to view it as it were "air resistance" of the different
shapes of the plasmid. The supercoiled is more compact and can pass
through the agarose pores more easily.

Jose

Dr. Jose I. de las Heras	Email: 	Jose.delasHeras at hgu.mrc.ac.uk
MRC Human Genetics Unit		Tel: 	(0131) 3322471
Chromosome Biology Section		ext: 	2121 (office)
Western General Hospital			2301 (lab)
Edinburgh EH4 2XU		Fax: 	(0131) 3432620
Scotland - United Kingdom

"Musha ring dum a doo dum a da, Whack for my daddy-o"