anti-His6 as a mammalian probe ?

Wed Nov 28 14:32:27 EST 2001

Hi everybody,
I would appreciate if someone could answer me whether anti-His antibodies
work for immunodetection of His-tagged proteins in mammalian cells (and
which ones are better)? I cannot use another epitope, because my His6-fusion
protein is actually a short peptide. I am designing the expression vector
for this peptide and would like to avoid introducing another epitope (Myc,
FLAG, HA, etc.), and use His6 (or His7, 8, or whatever is better?) both for
purification of the peptide, and for immunomicroscopy and FACS. The peptide
is supposed to bind an intracellular protein.
Any feedback on your experience with application of anti-His6 for anything
except westerns is welcome.

Thank you.
Emir