Establishing stable Cos-7cell line by Zeocin

lee uiolee at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 29 14:24:13 EST 2001

I am trying to set up a stable Cos-7 cell line by Zeocin.
I checked the Zeocin-sensitivity test, range from 50 to 750 ug/ml.
But after 2 weeks, I still can find some cell alive.
I know Zeocin need longer time than G418, so how long time I need to wait.

Invitrogen recommend concentration of 250 ug/ml for Cos cell.

I also heard about adding other antibiotics (such aspennicilin/streptomycin)
to media which will inactivate the G418, or maybe Zeocin. That's true?

Thanks,