bootstrapping program

Mark Dowton Mark_Dowton at uow.edu.au
Thu Nov 29 18:45:44 EST 2001

Hi Deanne,

If you're desperate, you could try seqboot, which is part of the PHYLIP
package
(http://evolution.genetics.washington.edu/phylip/progs.algs.data.html).
Although designed for sequence data, I guess it will work on any data.
It is rather long-hand though, in that this program produces the 100 or
1000 resampled datamatrices, then you input these into your analysis
program, collate the results from each analysis, then count the support
for particular groupings yourself (although there may be other programs
in the PHYLIP package that can automate this - I know there is for
sequence data).

--
Mark Dowton
Institute for Conservation Biology
Email: mdowton at uow.edu.au
http://www.uow.edu.au/science/biol/staff/mdowton/markdowton.html

And

Centre for Evolutionary Biology & Biodiversity
Dept Applied and Molecular Ecology
Waite Campus, Adelaide University
PMB #1
Glen Osmond  SA  5064