cos cells tranfection using PEI

Cornelius Krasel krasel at wpxx02.toxi.uni-wuerzburg.de
Tue Oct 2 01:06:31 EST 2001

Cornelius Krasel <krasel at wpxx02.toxi.uni-wuerzburg.de> wrote:
> TINA <anfortin at webnet.qc.ca> wrote:
>> About HEK-293 cells ... is it possible to transfect these cells by the
>> Fugene 6 method using a pSVL expression vector ?
>
> It's possible to transfect HEK293 cells with Fugene 6. We get very
> high transfection efficiencies using this method, but for routine
> transfection we stick to CaPO4.

Since I was asked in email what I consider a high transfection
efficiency:

with Fugene 6, we get at least 50% of the HEK293 cells transfected. It
sometimes also happens with CaPO4, but routinely the efficiency we get
there is more like 20-30%, and it is less reproducible than with Fugene
6 (especially when you have made up a new batch of buffer).

--Cornelius.

/* D-97078 Wuerzburg, Germany   email: krasel at wpxx02.toxi.uni-wuerzburg.de */