background on 2D western blot

Araluen Freeman araluen_f at nospam.geocities.com
Tue Oct 2 11:41:58 EST 2001

Hi Will!

All I can offer is that our system with Western blotting on NC works
consistently.  I use 5% skim milk in TBST buffer (10 mM Tris-HCl, pH 8.0;
0.15 M NaCl; 0.1% Tween-20) to block, and also use the blocking buffer to
dilute the primary and secondary antibody, and for the washing steps
between.

I use a chemiluminescence detection system, and found at first an unspecific
'streak' on my blot.  This turned out to be me applying the strepavidin-AP
directly over my blot (after incubation with the biotinylated secondary
antibody) instead of to the incubation solution, thus removing my blocking
and getting this signature streak *grin*.

Hope you iron out your problem soon.   ;-)

 Araluen

news:20010928103151.16882.qmail at ww02.jatek.com...