help for site directed mutagenesis

Wolfgang Schechinger wolfsc at ibms.sinica.edu.tw
Wed Oct 3 11:01:57 EST 2001

Dear Nelio,

How may these components be utilized for site directed mutagensis?

But I am more courious about their use for random mutagensis!
Do you have more information on that? Do they influence the fidelity
of polymerases or chemically modify (or interclate) the DNA?
What kind of chemicals like these do you know?
I just remeber some secondary compunds found in tropical liches (from
Brasil e.g) looking like they may insert into or attach to DNA.

All the best,

Wo

>    Hi,
>
>         Compounds of secondary metabolism plants can begin  mutagenesis on DNA
>

> <http://www.biowww.net/forum/read.php?f=1&i=4030&t=900>

-----
this message consists of randomly assembled ascii characters
-----
Dr. Wolfgang Schechinger
Institute of Biomedical Sciences
Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan R.O.C.
e mail wolfsc at ibms dot sinica dot edu dot tw
-----

---