Synthesis of degenerate oligos

Trond Erik Vee Aune teva at online.no
Mon Oct 8 08:16:53 EST 2001


Hi

I've just read about the IUB-code system for specifying degenerate
oligos. E.g this primer:

5'-MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM-3'

where M is defined as 50% A and 50% C. This strand will in theory
contain A and C in equal amounts (this will only be true for strand of
infinite length ;)

My question is: Is there possible to define a strand where one position
should not contain nucletides in equal amounts? E.g this primer:

5'-XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX-3'

where X should give 80% chance of A and 20% of C. 

I really hope so.

Kind regards,
Trond Erik Vee Aune




More information about the Methods mailing list