Soeing PCR- not getting the mutation- even tho its in the primer

Beth Holleran eliza at itsa.ucsf.edu
Tue Oct 9 18:15:14 EST 2001

Hi- I have been doing Soeing PCR for a while but I ran into a new
problem- this time I get my two products, SOE them together and when I
sequence them they are Wild type! EVEN THOUGH I used primers that had
the mutation in them! what in the world has happened? I tried using a
lot less template (to reduce the amount of WT template) and everything
has been gel purified.  Has anyone seen this? Help! Please!