Brain Total RNA extraction

Krzysztof W. Wasowicz wasowicz at uwm.edu.pl
Fri Oct 12 01:57:32 EST 2001

On 11 Oct 2001 18:30:59 -0000, Adam <adam.kuhl at usm.edu> wrote:

>I am trying to extract total RNA from fish brain tissue using Trizol
>reagent, but am getting very low A260/A28.  I have seen that this could be
>due to high lipid content.  Can someone give me a good method of solving
>this problem?
>

>Thanks,

>Adam
>

><http://www.biowww.net/forum/read.php?f=1&i=4121&t=4121>

Hi,
I have noticed that I am getting better results with an original
method of Chomczynski & Sacchi (Anal Bioch - you can find reference
from Medline probably - if not, write me). In my hands TRIZOL was a
big disappointment. It was giving quite a messy total RNA preparation.
The original method is not really more comlicated than TRIZOL. It only
looks so. Of course, you have to make reagents yourself (nothing
really difficult)
Regards,.

Krzysztof W. Wasowicz
Department of Animal Anatomy