tissue crusher

Adrian Molenaar Molenaara at agresearch.cri.nz
Tue Oct 16 15:24:27 EST 2001

We find the mortar and pestle method for crushing tissue for RNA etc
extraction tedious and so, working with  people in our workshop, have
developed a better device.  We wondered if other Molecular Biologists might
be interested in this simple, effective and robust tool.  Our workshop will
'hand' make tissue crushers on order for a fee. The current low value of the
New Zealand dollar, ($1 NZ = $0.41 US) makes this quite cheap (similar to a
gel tank and less than an ultra-turrax probe). Pictures of the crushers and
pricing are available on the link below.

Regards

Adrian Molenaar

http://www.agresearch.co.nz/agr/agrsci/crusher/tissue_crush.htm

Adrian Molenaar
Dairy Biotechnology
AgResearch
Ruakura Research Centre
Private Bag 3123
Hamilton, New Zealand
Phone +64 7 838 5181
Fax +64 7 838 5628
E-mail adrian.molenaar at agresearch.co.nz

--
The views of the sender of this message do not necessarily reflect those of
AgResearch.