transgenic plants

Peter Guo yuyuanguo at students.wisc.edu
Thu Oct 18 23:47:01 EST 2001

Dear Friends:

Do you know how to check if the foreigner gene were inserted into plant's
chromosome? I used Arg. tumefeicient plasmid to bring the foreigner gene
into plant. After selecting in Kanamysin medium, I got the tansgenic plants.
After using anti-Kanamysin gene sequence to do PCR, I got band. It  is good.
However, when I used the foreigner gene sequence to do PCR, I could not get
band, but the positive control can give band. All the template DNA are from
the transgenic plants and they all gave smear PCR band.

Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks.

Peter