EDTA solubility???

Thu Oct 18 21:32:14 EST 2001

There is a basic variety of EDTA brand named Trilon B. It dissolves in water
easily, but the resulting pH of the solution will be high. To dissolve
acidic EDTA, make a concentrated stock by slowly adding NaOH or NH4OH until
EDTA completely dissolves, adjust pH to ~8 and add to your buffer to a
desired concentration. At low concentration (1-10mM) EDTA will be soluble in
a relatively wide pH range (at least pH 6 and up).

Emir

news:3BCF7301.E6B59A42 at ucalgary.ca...