Gel documentation and imaging systems

Dr. Klaus Eimert eimert at
Fri Oct 19 04:32:52 EST 2001

"Jan van der Ploeg" <jvdploeg at> wrote in
news:3bcfe62f$1 at

> Hello,
> This question has been asked before in the past, but I would like to
> know which system for gel documentation and chemiluminescence imaging
> you prefer to work with. I have been looking at Bio-Rad's Chemi-Doc,
> Alpainnotech's Chemiimager, the Chemigenius from Syngene, and the Chemi
> system from UVP. How important are camera resolution and amount of grey
> shades for documentation of DNA gels, protein gels and blots?
> Thanks, Jan

Hi Jan,

could you post a short summary of the answers to the newsgroup, please? We
(and many others, I am sure) plan to buy a new system and would be very
interested in the personal experiences of people working with different

Dr. Klaus Eimert
Dept. of Botany
State Research Institute Geisenheim
Von-Lade-Str. 1