BSA MWapp on NuPAGE

Artem Evdokimov AEVDOKIMOZ at cinci.rr.com
Tue Oct 23 19:39:03 EST 2001

1) how do you know the 'apparent' weight ? Marker ladder ? Which markers ?
2) how old are your gel and buffer ?
3) Have you tested this result with other gels ? Have you observed thsi
strange behavior with other proteins which you have exact m.w. for ?

Ever since invitrogen took over, the gel quality went way down.

A.

"Louis Hom" <lhom at OCF.Berkeley.EDU> wrote in message
news:9r40cq$2bc0$1 at agate.berkeley.edu...
> I ran a Novex NuPAGE gel (MES buffer, reducing) the other day that
> included some bovine serum albumin (Fraction V, Sigma) . . . and the BSA
> ran around 90 kDa.  Very confusing to me.  Shouldn't it be around 67?
> Any ideas?
> --

__