Double immunostaining: Good chromogen pair?

Erkki Kuusisto ekuusist at mail.uku.fi
Thu Oct 25 10:58:58 EST 2001

Hello all,

I would like to double stain two overlapping protein antigens on human
tissue (paraffin sections) to show that they colocalize in the same part
of the cell. The problem is the overlap of the antigens since I cannot use
fluorescence.

In most usual pairs of chromogens (e.g. DAB + NBT/BCIP), it
is difficult to clearly show colocalization since the color products are
so intense that one of them tends to mask the other.

Would anyone know of a suitable chromogen pair? That is, easily
distinguishable from each other as well as from the color resulting
from their overlap.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Erkki Kuusisto (MSc)
Department of Neuroscience and Neurology
University of Kuopio
PO Box 1627
FIN-70211 Kuopio, Finland.

---