Disulphide formation in chloroplasts

Sat Oct 27 19:09:15 EST 2001

Michael,
I don't remember the structure of chloroplasts, and lazy to look it up, but
I believe disulfides will be formed and remain stable in the environment
with higher redox potential, i.e. and e.g., lower pH - that is inside the
chloroplast, or if my memory does not fail here in that chloroplast has
similar structure to mitochondria, in the stroma.
-Emir

news:Pine.SGI.4.33.0110280046060.1391619-100000 at mole.bio.cam.ac.uk...